Friday, May 27, 2011

"I'm home, alone again."

The drive home was not fun at all today. I can still hear the tire eating away the pavement as I drive it. The tread shrinking away. The loud music is keeping me calm and focus on the road. The ongoing thought of "Will I make it home?" runs through my mind every minute. Steadily controlling the wheel and making sure I don't go into another lane. I drop speed when I think my tire is drifting too much. My eyes gazing on and off the gas gauge, making sure I have enough gas home. The other drivers are minding their own business while I drive this vehicle that can break down any second. The endless prayers continues as I got home and parked my car in front of the house. Nice and slow as I approach the front door, awaiting a welcome home.

No comments: